In-Wheel Direct-Drive Testing
Protean Electric | Surrey UK
Sierra CP designed and constructed a powertrain test system that could accept full vehicle installation by connecting to the test vehicle wheel hubs.
As Protean’s Mark Potter explains:
“Sierra CP's experience gave us the confidence we needed to trust them with this critical project. We didn’t have the time to fully develop a detailed scope of supply document, so we needed to select a supplier that we could partner with who had the experience to interpret the brief technical scope of requirements and the expertise to deliver a system that could meet our current and future testing needs."
“Sierra CP has produced a test system that provides the ideal platform to enable Protean to develop and showcase its technologies for many years to come.”
Key Performance Features:
- Four fully independent AC dynamometers incorporated with individual control of each wheel hub
- Test 2WD and 4WD vehicles with adjustable track and wheel base
- Capable of steady-state operation for durability and key life evaluation
- Transient dynamometers capability of simulating road load cycles
- Ideal for roduct development and benchmark evaluation against conventional vehicle systems
- Eliminates potential test influences that testing on tires introduces
Sierra CP Services:
Sierra held a single-source contract for facility design and construction management; equipment specification and manufacture, procurement and installation; integration of equipment and facility systems; commissioning, and long-term maintenance and support.
Sierra Equipment Used: