iSeries Next Generation Vortex Flow Meters
InnovaMass® 240i Inline
- Pipe sizes from 1.0 to 8.0 inches (DN25 to DN200)
- Ideal for saturated or superheated steam, gas, and liquid applications
- Volumetric flow rate or mass flow metering
- Multivariable for five (5) measurements in one compact device
- A variety of Apps for ideal field flexibility
- Boiler MACT certified
The Original Just Got Better.
In 1997, Sierra was the first to introduce a combination volumetric vortex and multivariable mass flow meter. Today, Sierra’s completely redesigned InnovaMass® iSeries™ 240i/241i builds on two decades of success measuring five process variables for gas, liquid, and steam with one connection.
It Has Apps. Now You Have The Power.
Experience innovative tools driven by our new Raptor II OS that will empower you and save time and money.
- ValidCal Diagnistics™ delivers field validation
- MeterTuning ™ cancels noise, improves accuracy
- Dial-A-Pipe™ allows you to quickly change pipe sizes in the field
- Dial-A-Fluid™ measures a variety of fluids whenever you choose
- qMix ™ makes/measures custom mixtures
- Many more apps to come.
Next Day Shipping
Boiler MACT Certified
The InnovaMass vortex is also ideal for compliance for Boiler MACT regulations for steam outlet and inlet feed water measurements for area source boilers (40 CFR 63, subpart JJJJJJ) and for major source boilers (40 CFR 63, subpart DDDDD). Learn More.
The iSeries Vortex Has Arrived.
iSeries Introduces Comprehensive Flow Energy Management
Under what is called the iSeries platform, the all new InnovaMass 240i is now a platform for massive innovation. The reinvented InnovaMass 240i delivers a revolution in flow energy management by maximizing measurement precision and realizing this goal with the following new iSeries features:
- Flow Energy Calculations: AGA8 natural gas, steam enthalpy, thermal energy/BTU
- Raptor II OS microprocessor is 10x faster to run robust software applications
- Field diagnostics, validation, and adjustment through onboard Smart Interface Portal
- Rapid update of latest features with field firmware upgrade capability
- FloPro™ software application improves point-velocity accuracy for insertion version
- Complete suite of digital communications for turnkey networking & automation
- Patented MassBalance™ sensor in tandem with Raptor II for mechanical and digital signal processing breakthroughs
Raptor II OS: The Flow Engine Behind It All
Originally developed as the operating system for our QuadraTherm thermal mass flow meter, Raptor II OS is the “flow-engine” programing inside every InnovaMass iSeries vortex meter. Raptor II uses advanced digital signal processing and proprietary mathematical algorithms to enhance the flow signal, while also calculating the thermodynamic properties of the gas, liquid or steam being measured in real-time. Raptor II OS:
- Easily manages all five process variables in real time
- Offers apps like FloPro™ , Dial-A-Pipe™ , Dial-A-Fluid™ ,ValidCal Diagnostics, and Meter Settings.
- Allows for field firmware upgrades
- Enables creation of unique fluid mixtures with qMix™
- Enhances velocity signal for greater sensitivity at low flows
- Interfaces with the Smart Interface Portal software to read and adjust the meter in the field
- Includes a fluid database with nearly all liquids, gases, and complete steam tables
World-Class Flow Calibration Facility
Every flow meter is only as good as its calibration. Each InnovaMass is calibrated by Sierra’s new calibration facility in Monterey, California, to assure the highest level of quality. Flow standards with accuracies of 0.2% of reading are used to assure the highest accuracy possible. All calibrations follow the guidelines of ISO 17025 and are directly traceable to national standards such as NIST (United States National Institute of Standards and Technology).
Inspired by Formula One Racing
In 2014, Sierra’s Automotive Test Division completed a state-of-the-art F1 engine testing facility for Honda. Sierra’s CADET test automation software was installed to manage all aspects of engine testing. Sierra’s flow division immediately saw the potential to deliver this same level of excellence to InnovaMass calibration. Today, the same CADET software that tunes those F1 engines now runs pumps, reads calibration standards, performs high-speed data acquisition and performance analysis, and even sounds alarms if anything goes wrong. Every unit we calibrate adds data to Sierra’s database for continuous calibration process improvement.