Flow Meters and Advanced Flowmeter Instrumentation
The Highest Quality Flowmeters Available
Sierra Instruments manufacturers high performance mass flow meters and mass flow controllers for nearly any gas, liquid, or steam application. Customers choose Sierra when they need an accurate and repeatable flow measurement, short delivery lead times, expert flow advice, and long term support. We provide innovative, high quality flowmeters and services to top businesses around the globe, helping them to achieve significant cost savings through increased efficiencies. When it matters, customers choose Sierra.
By combining the superior quality of our flow meters and controllers with a talented global network of experts, we consistently deliver the best flowmeter solutions to our customers.
Experience Our Passion for Flow!
Our Thermal Mass, Transit-Time Ultrasonic, Vortex Shedding, Multivariable and air mass flow meters are available in both standard and customized versions for applications in laboratory, industrial, and hazardous environments. Sierra's flowmeter technologies precisely measure or control very low flows down to less than 1 sccm full scale as well as extremely high flows of gas, liquid, and steam. With rugged product design, cutting-edge innovation, and a team of flow experts Sierra Instruments comprises 107 offices worldwide in 47 countries. Experience why customers around the globe rely on Sierra.
What Are Your Flowmeter Needs?
We provide cost effective, robust, turnkey solutions for:
- Air Monitoring
- Analyzer Measurement
The suite of flowmeters and services we offer:
- Mass Flow Meters & Mass Flow Controllers - We are a manufacturer of premium quality & performance Mass Flowmeters and Controllers. We provide natural gas, mass air flow, water flow, and oxygen flow meters. Sierra also carries pipe, ultrasonic, digital and other meters to measure liquids and steam.
- Primary Standard Flow Calibration & Field Services - We specialize in Primary Standard NIST traceable calibration, repair, and field services for mass flowmeters and controllers.
- OEM, Private Labeling & Custom Solutions - We provide flow meter solutions for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Private Label, and general customers to meet their pricing and design goals.
- Sierra Emissions Systems - We manufacture the well-known Model BG-3 Transient Partial Flow Dilution System used to sample engine exhaust particulate emissions during engine R&D and Certification. We also supply other engine emissions systems tools, accessories, test cell automation solutions, and consulting services.
Providing a High Return on Investment
- Direct mass meters provide improved accuracy and cost efficiencies.
- Direct mass meters do not need pressure or temperature compensation equipment or flow computers.
- Flowmeters provide immunity to process changes in P & T, leading to very repeatable measurements.
- In Gases, density is highly variable. Unlike mass meters, volumetric gas meters are very sensitive to changes in pressure and temperature.
- Mass flow meters are a necessity in over 80% of all industrial processes such as those involving chemical reactions, combustion, respiration, and HVAC, which are based on mass flow, not volumetric flow.
Industry Leading Customer Service
Providing quality service and support is very important to Sierra Instruments and we value the relationship we have with our customers. In fact, when you call Sierra, you talk to a live person, all the time, every time. With 30 years in the mass flow meter industry, Sierra Instruments takes pride in offering a one-on-one approach with each valued customer.
- Apr 07, 2014 - Best Practices for Mass Flow Controller...
- Mar 24, 2014 - NEW Video Animation: How Do Thermal Mass...
- Mar 17, 2014 - Part 3: Accurately Measuring Flare Gas —...
- Mar 03, 2014 - Part 2: Accurately Measuring Flare Gas —...
- Feb 25, 2014 - Part 1: Accurately Measuring Flare Gas —...
- Feb 10, 2014 - New Chemical Engineering Magazine Article By...
- Feb 03, 2014 - Talking Biogas Production In Europe
- Jan 27, 2014 - How Refreshingly Human! An Actual Person Talks...
- Jan 20, 2014 - Ammonia Gas Flow Measurement Challenges &...
Sierra’s new principle of operation video shows how the physics of thermal dispersion technology allow for accurate and reliable direct mass flow measurement. Step inside the pipe to learn how total mass flow is calculated and why thermal mass flow meter technology offers an economical solution for gas measurement in large pipes and ducts. Read More
* 10% discount good for online, in-stock units only. Offer expires 4/15/14. Custom configured products are at list price. Use coupon code provided at checkout.