Premium Digital Mass Flow Controllers and Mass Flow Meters
- Direct mass flow with thermal technology +/- 0.5% full scale accuracy
- True multi-gas digital mass flow controller
- View and change every aspect of the instrument
- Small footprint at 50 slpm ideal for OEMs
- 10-point NIST calibration on primary standards
For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, Sierra's flagship SmartTrak thermal mass flow controller is a true multi-gas digital MFC designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control you can rely on, every time. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
Available in any flow range you specify up to 1000 slpm and higher, SmartTrak is CE approved, comes in various sizes, industrial waterproof enclosures, operating pressures and temperatures, and industry form factors.
Pilot Module: With the remote or face mounted pilot module display/interface, view and change every aspect of SmartTrak at any time with the push of a button. Simply choose a gas from the menu and it’s ready to go, without losing any accuracy. You can also adjust engineering units, flow range, and set zero, span and full scale independently for each gas.
Quality Calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable accuracy is backed by our ten point, primary standard calibration over the entire flow range. SmartTrak has a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to assure best speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability. If you need something special, Sierra customizes often free of charge.
DIY Calibration: If you prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house, Sierra provides all necessary software and training and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
Software & Digital Communications: Free user software and a variety of communications protocols like Modbus, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus, make every SmartTrak easy to integrate into your digital communications network.
Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
The Thermal Advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is an industry standard for mass flow control of gases because it measures flow directly, at the molecular level. In essence, counting and controlling every gas molecule flowing through the instrument to achieve unmatched precision.
User's Guide: Thermal Mass Flow Controllers Download
Accuracy and application flexibility result from:
- Thermal mass flow technology provides direct mass flow
- A patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design
- Advanced platinum-wound capillary sensor technology
- Proprietary frictionless, hovering control valve
Rule-of-Four Calibration: The ONLY Guarantee of Accuracy!
At Sierra, we have a saying: “Instrument accuracy is only as good as its calibration.”
Sierra is one of few manufacturers today that perform a detailed 10-point calibration across the entire mass flow range. We strictly adhere to using primary standards and the NIST “rule of four”. This means our gas flow primary standards are required to be four times more accurate than the device under test.
This “rule of four” is Sierra’s calibration bedrock and absolutely essential for the quality you demand. When researching your next MFC, ask about calibration.
If corrosive, toxic, or reactive gases are a concern, SmartTrak can handle aggressive gases without an issue. Free user software and a variety of communications protocols like Modbus, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus, make every SmartTrak easy to integrate into your digital communications network.
- For low pressure drop applications, SmartTrak has a version that controls flow near atmospheric pressure.
- SmartTrak also has a version to control high pressure gases up to 5000psi and 345bar, safely and accurately.
- SmartTrak can accurately control ultra low flows down to 0.1 sccm.
- Many customers supercharge their SmartTrak with the Compod upgrade to set up simple process control systems.