iSeries Next Generation Vortex Flow Meters
InnovaMass® 241i Insertion
- Insertion probe up to 72 inches (2M); optional hot tap
- Ideal for saturated or superheated steam, gas, and liquid
- Volumetric flow rate or mass flow
- Multivariable for five measurements in one device
- Complete suite of digital communications
- A variety of Apps for ultimate field flexibility
- Buy online for next day shipping
The Original Just Got Better!
maximize your steam productivity and reduce overall cost of ownership for more energy savings.
Now, with the latest hyper-fast microprocessors, robust software applications, field diagnostics and adjustment capability, and a new state-of-the art flow calibration facility, Sierra’s vortex iSeries delivers precision, performance, and application flexibility never before possible.
Next Day Shipping
An industry first! With Sierra's field adjustment Apps, we build, calibrate and stock the InnovaMass 241i insertion version so it can be purchased online and shipped next day. Check it out...
It Has Apps. Now You Have The Power.
Experience innovative flow energy management tools driven by our new Raptor II OS that will empower your process and save you time and money.
- ValidCal Diagnistics™ delivers field validation
- MeterTuning ™ cancels noise, improves accuracy
- Dial-A-Pipe™ allows you to quickly change pipe sizes in the field
- Dial-A-Fluid™ measures a variety of fluids whenever you choose
- qMix ™ makes/measures custom mixtures
- Many more apps to come.
The iSeries Vortex Has Arrived.
The Flexibility of Insertion Vortex
The 241i insertion vortex meter is an economical solution for applications from 2-inch (50.8 mm) pipes to 72 inches (2M) in diameter and larger. Volumetric or multivariable measurement is possible with a single pipe insertion point, greatly reducing installation costs. The 241i can be hot tapped into applications with an optional probe retractor. More compact probe lengths are available based on application requirements.
- Ideal for pipes and ducts up to 72 inches (2M)
- Enhanced low flow capability with Sierra's proprietary FloPro™ app
- Can measure air up to 67000 scfm and saturated steam up to 380,000 pounds/hour
- Improved hot tap probe insertion retractor
iSeries Introduces Comprehensive Flow Energy Management
Under what is called the iSeries platform, the all new InnovaMass 241i is now a platform for massive innovation. The reinvented InnovaMass 241i delivers a revolution in flow energy management by maximizing measurement precision and realizing this goal with the following new iSeries features:
- Flow Energy Calculations: AGA8 natural gas, steam enthalpy, thermal energy/BTU
- Raptor II OS microprocessor is 10x faster to run robust software applications
- Field diagnostics, validation, and adjustment through onboard Smart Interface Portal
- Rapid update of latest features with field firmware upgrade capability
- FloPro™ software application improves point-velocity accuracy for insertion version
- Complete suite of digital communications for turnkey networking & automation
- Patented MassBalance™ sensor in tandem with Raptor II for mechanical and digital signal processing breakthroughs
Raptor II OS: The Flow Engine Behind It All
Originally developed as the operating system for our QuadraTherm thermal mass flow meter, Raptor II OS is the “flow-engine” programing inside every InnovaMass iSeries vortex meter. Raptor II uses advanced digital signal processing and proprietary mathematical algorithms to enhance the flow signal, while also calculating the thermodynamic properties of the gas, liquid or steam being measured in real-time. Raptor II OS:
- Easily manages all five process variables in real time
- Offers apps like FloPro™ , Dial-A-Pipe™ , Dial-A-Fluid™ ,ValidCal Diagnostics, and Meter Settings.
- Allows for field firmware upgrades
- Enables creation of unique fluid mixtures with qMix™
- Enhances velocity signal for greater sensitivity at low flows
- Interfaces with the Smart Interface Portal software to read and adjust the meter in the field
- Includes a fluid database with nearly all liquids, gases, and complete steam tables
Raptor II OS Enhances Accuracy with FloPro™
Driven by Raptor II OS, the 241i insertion has a vastly improved flow profile calculation using a proprietary application called FloPro. With all insertion point velocity flow meters, knowing the flow profile inside the pipe or duct is key to stable and reliable accuracy. Traditional insertion meters use a simple formula from Miller’s Handbook that calculates flow profile assuming the flow is always turbulent.
FloPro makes no assumptions. It applies a sophisticated mathematical algorithm for higher resolution and understanding of flow profile. In addition to turbulent flow, FloPro calculates laminar and transitional flow in real-time as they would occur inside the pipe or duct (Figure B). FloPro improves upon previous methods by providing a much more accurate calculation of the flow profile in the transitional flow regime that occurs between laminar flow and turbulent flow. This results in increased accuracy, particularly at low flow rates with a Reynolds Number in the range of 4,000 to 10,000.
World-Class Flow Calibration Facility
Every flow meter is only as good as its calibration. Each InnovaMass is calibrated by Sierra’s new calibration facility in Monterey, California, to assure the highest level of quality. Flow standards with accuracies of 0.2% of reading are used to assure the highest accuracy possible. All calibrations follow the guidelines of ISO 17025 and are directly traceable to national standards such as NIST (United States National Institute of Standards and Technology).
Inspired by Formula One Racing
In 2014, Sierra’s Automotive Test Division completed a state-of-the-art F1 engine testing facility for Honda. Sierra’s CADET test automation software was installed to manage all aspects of engine testing. Sierra’s flow division immediately saw the potential to deliver this same level of excellence to InnovaMass calibration. Today, the same CADET software that tunes those F1 engines now runs pumps, reads calibration standards, performs high-speed data acquisition and performance analysis, and even sounds alarms if anything goes wrong. Every unit we calibrate adds data to Sierra’s database for continuous calibration process improvement.