Cost-Effective Chlorine Gas Mass Flow Meters Made From Kynar
- Cost-effective solution for chlorine injection market
- Offers corrosion-resistant Kynar flow body at economical price
- Rugged, no drift DrySense Hastelloy sensor
- Validate in the field
- Backed by lifetime sensor warranty
The ChlorineTrak™ 760S has been specifically designed to perform as an accurate and cost-effective mass flow measurement solution for chlorine injection processes found in typical waste-water treatment applications. Given the corrosive nature of chlorine gas (particularly in the presence of moisture), extremely expensive Hastelloy was needed for main flow body construction. And this drove the cost up thousands. Finding a more economical solution was the only answer.
To respond to this challenge, Sierra innovated a flow body manufactured from Kynar® polyvinylidene fluoride resin (PVDF). This lower-cost material:
- Offers excellent corrosion and chemical resistance at both ambient and elevated temperatures
- Is inherently stable and mechanically tough
- Is abrasion and flame resistant
Operating Principal: Thermal dispersion technology for direct mass flow measurement featuring no pressure or temperature compensation needed, no moving parts, low pressure drop, high turndown.