Multi-Point Gas Mass Flow Meters for Large Ducts and Stacks
- Compensates for flow profile changes with up to 4 sensor points
- Exceeds in applications with non-uniform flow profiles, low pressure drop, high turndown
- Eliminate drift with patented DrySense™ sensor
- Manage multiple inputs with easy-to-use touchscreen HMI display interface
- Backed by lifetime sensor warranty
Sierra's MultiTrak™ 670S is an advanced state-of-the-art thermal mass flow meter system for measuring mass flow rates in very large ducts or stacks that have:
- Non-uniform velocity profiles
- High turn-down requirements
- Dirty gas streams
- Wide temperature ranges
- Fast velocity and temperature changes
The 670S dynamically compensates for changes in the flow profile by using up to four independent mass flow sensing points to measure the instantaneous average gas mass flow velocity. The 670S is commonly used in petrochemical refining, coal-fired electric power generation, steel manufacturing and many other industrial processes that face the challenge of accurate and repeatable gas mass flow measurement in very large pipes or ducts.
Operating Principle: Thermal dispersion technology provides direct mass flow measurement featuring no pressure or temperature compensation needed, no moving parts, low pressure drop and high turndown. Watch the video.